Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Not By Chance

The text message read…“GOD’S NOT DEAD.” I knew exactly what that meant and why I had received that text. However, I didn’t recognize the number. Not that it really mattered who sent it but it did matter they thought enough of me to include me in their shout out. 
This is my cousin, Zach, who sent the original message. 
Thanks, Zach for following your heart and sending that text!!

If you’re reading my blog and don’t know why I received that text message then I encourage you to see the movie “God’s Not Dead.”

As I watched my phone blow up with responses of people saying things like “He is Good”, “He is surely alive”, and even “who is this?” all I could do was smile.

Then I received a text from someone I didn’t know. They wanted to know who the original sender was because they didn’t know the number. So I explained who sent the message. The next text read, “I think I was a wrong number.”

"Indeed you were NOT a wrong number!!!! Apparently God intended for you to receive that message” was my reply.

As we text back and forth I found out it was a young lady who was going through some tough struggles and just didn’t know which way to go. Yet…there was her answer. A text from a perfect stranger saying “God’s not dead.”

It was not by chance that she received that text.

God knows exactly when we need to hear His ever soft whisper. 
He knows when we need to see His sign. 
He knows when we need to feel His presence. 
Sometimes…we just need to be still and look up.

I think of that young lady often and pray for her every time she comes to mind. In those moments I send her a text just to let her know I’m praying for her. I never hear back. I often wonder if my simple text is being received right when she needs it. Because it certainly is Not By Chance that she is on my mind.

Where ever you are… know that God’s NOT dead and those small subtle things that happen are not by chance. They are His way of saying….Be Still and Know I am God and I am here for you.

Blessings!
Bo

10/14/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment