Monday, September 2, 2013

WHAT WOULD YOUR SIGN SAY?

I've been still for a few days, pondering over something I read. Not sure how I feel on the matter. Do I get angry at the ignorance of the comment or do I just sit back and watch, listen, read and ponder on what everyone thinks.

Recently, I read where a comment was made about the many pictures bombarding a social media website of children holding pictures saying, "1000 likes and I'll beat cancer." Or a child holding a picture saying "I've kicked cancers butt."

The comment made was similar in saying...."No sign is ever going to make a child better so why encourage them to hold it up, take a picture and post it." The first thought I had was, "This guys a jerk!"  But, in a sense is he blessed? 

Blessed that he doesn't have a son or daughter who is fighting with a struggle over a non curable disease such as cancer. A child who doesn't scream out in pain as they are getting injections after injections, having a new port put in because the old one was worn out. A child who isn't puking their guts up from the chemo and who has little strength to hold their head up off the pillow from the radiation. A child who is not sick, whom he doesn't have to watch whither away and there is not one thing that Father or Mother can do to take the pain away from their child.

I do not know the man who made the comment. But my heart cries out for him. I praise God that if he has children may they always be healthy. And if he doesn't have children, then one day when he does, may they always be healthy.

Those of us who have children have heard the words, "Mommy, please make the pain stop. Pleeaasseee, make it stop." And as our eyes fill with tears we reply, " I wish I could, honey." All while praying, begging, and pleading to God...."take this from my child and put it on me. Please God, help.  I will give you my life, just please take this horrible thing away from my child."

So, the way I see it.....these children battle the cancer demon day in and day out. If taking a picture of them holding a sign saying "I beat cancer" or "If I can get 1000 likes I can beat cancer"...then let me get my camera and take a picture of a smiling child in that very moment. Cancer takes the lives of so many children...that might just be their last smile. If I had to take a picture of me holding a sign....my sign would say, "I'M PRAYING FOR YOU!"  What would your sign say?

I am blessed with a child who does not have an incurable disease. But my heart breaks for the families who struggles, day in and day out, that I cant even fathom.

Blessings,
Bo


This is dedicated to all the families who struggle with the battle of cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment