Thursday, September 25, 2014

EVACUATION ROUTE

There are times that the storm is so wicked you can’t seem to escape it. No matter what you do you can’t break free of the cyclone that is crashing in around you. And then…you begin to think about it. You think about it more and more and more. And it becomes stronger and stronger until it has completely consumed your being.

How do you escape the thoughts of the storm? How do you get away and free yourself? The storm seems so strong you’re afraid you might drown.


Ever experienced this? These hopeless feelings of doom where no matter which way you look there seems to be no way out. I’ve been there many times. Too, many to count. And looking back to those circumstance I realized my focus was me and my storm. And that’s all I wanted to focus on. I didn’t want to even fathom the thought of thinking about something else.

In times of a troubled mind we need an evacuation route. Just like people who live on the coast need to know what route to take to escape the hurricane before hits land. Except at this point, our mind is already so consumed with the thoughts of our personal storm that it’s not just hit land it’s embedded upon our being.

More than ever that’s the exact time we need to reach to God. He is our evacuation route. If we cast our fears upon Him He can bring a comfort like no other. He meets us and accepts us right where we are.


He already knows the circumstances. This is a time that needs an evacuation route and that route can be found through prayer. And there is no wrong way to pray. Ever! In my most precious moments of prayer when I can’t think of what to say, I simply whisper, “Jesus. Please help me.”

He is waiting for us to reach to Him. He wants nothing to steal the joy He has given us. NOTHING!

“Consider it pure joy, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of your faith builds perseverance. Perseverance must be complete so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” James 1:2-4

Take the evacuation route. Get out of you mind and stop allowing those thoughts to steal your God-given joy.

Blessings~
Bo

09-25-2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment