Wednesday, February 5, 2014

ICE COLD



This has been one of the craziest winters, ever. We’ve been hit with several snow storms and about 20 inches of snow. I know there are many areas that are accustomed to large quantities of snow, but this area is not one of them.

Yesterday, on top of the beautiful white powder we were inundated by an ice storm. As I sat there in the quiet hours of the night all I could hear were the ice pellets hitting the window.

Everything is encased in ice. Everything! 

The tree outside my kitchen window is beautiful as the light reflects off the ice that has surrounded the branches.
I’m in awe of its beauty.

The longer I looked at that tree the more I thought of the life within. Even though the branches of the tree are weighed down by the weight of the ice; inside the ice the tree lives.

Much like people. Though many hearts are heavy and the outer shell seems ice cold and frozen solid, there is life within. Sometimes unable to move from the weight and struggles of the world, we lose hope. We become paralyzed.

But when we put our hope and faith in God, He gives us all that we need. The Light within begins to defrost the outer casing. As we are released from the ice that surrounds us we begin to bloom showing the world there was truly life within.

Lord, you give me all that I need.
You support me.
You give me my share.
My share is wonderful.
My inheritance is beautiful.
I praise the Lord because He taught me well.
Even at night He put his instructions deep in my mind.
I always remember the Lord is with me.
He is here, close by my side,
So nothing can defeat me.
So my heart and soul will be very happy.
Even my body will live in safety
Because you will not leave me in the place of death.
You will not let your faithful one rot in the grave.
You will teach me the right way to live.
Just being with you will bring complete happiness.
Being at your right side I will be happy forever.       Psalm 16:5-11(ERV)


May you forever bloom from the life within.

Blessings,
Bo

02/05/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment