Thursday, January 30, 2014

IS IT FOR OTHERS????

Focus isn’t how or where we worship but, WHO.
Worship God passionately!!!!

An article was read during youth group called “Should I raise my hands to worship?” As the article is being read I’m drawn to the thought….
Do I worship with my hands raised for others to see or is it between me and God?

One thing I know about myself when I worship is that I put my hand on my heart and pat my heart. It’s during this moment that it’s my heart that’s full of emotion: joy, excitement and sometimes even sorrow. Sorrow in knowing I’ve not been doing the exact things in the exact way I should. Because that moment is when I realize my fault and the floodgates open. But those floodgates are also open when I have joy.

YOU ARE GOD are the words playing over and over in the song and I realize that even with my fault – God loves me because He is good and loves us unconditionally. His words to us are “I’LL LOVE YOU FOREVER” and those words should be instilled upon our hearts that we will love Him FOREVER because He is the Almighty Father.

Glory to God – forever. Let me live for Him – for His Glory. Let me worship for only Him and not for the eyes of anyone else. Whether I raise my hands, pat my heart, clap my hands, stomp my feet or journal as I spend my time with my Heavenly Father. For it’s for His pleasure and Glory not anyone else. It’s between me and my Father.

He is a Father that constantly out stretches His arms to comfort me when I’m in a time of need. A Father who has promised to never leave or forsake me. He is always there…waiting. All we have to do is look to Him for the vision and guidance. So when we come to worship Him let us raise our hands and surrender all the control that we tend to hang on to.

I surrender the control freak within me to become a Jesus Freak!! A freak that will worship Him with all my heart and soul ----- singing, dancing, clapping, and shouting for only His Glory. It doesn’t matter what or how anyone else does when they worship Him – it’s about MY FOCUS and MY one on one time with God.
                                                             Amen
Bo Hayth
01/29/2014

Written at Legacy Life Community youth group during a time of worship

No comments:

Post a Comment