Tuesday, August 13, 2013

FORECAST - written 5/3/2013


Forecast: Scattered showers.  Sky looks nice to me. There are a few clouds, but nothing that looks like rain. The clouds look like huge bunches of cotton candy.  It’s a bit overcast, but all in all, a nice morning.

I find so much peace, in the mornings, sitting on the back patio. Spending time in the Word, prayer and then working on things for the planning of my 30th class reunion.  As the day goes on, I occasionally peek out from under the patio table umbrella that shades me and my laptop. Shaking my head, I wondered about a scattered shower.

I completed my tasks, gathered my things and went inside. I had some errands to run, so I got everything ready to deliver where it needed to delivered and went on my way. Then I was headed to Glenn’s for the evening.

As I drove to Glenn’s, in my rear view mirror I could tell the sky was doing some spectacular changing. I know I learned the names of the types of clouds back in school but, I have no clue what they’re called now. Glenn was in the garden when I arrived. The sky was so active. AH! A sprinkle….then another…then it began a pretty good downpour. Not hard. But enough to have the rain get you wet and cause a shiver. So we headed into the house.

All the sudden there was silence.  It was over.  That’s it?  That’s what you called a scattered shower? Glenn went to clean up and I went out on the porch.  The clouds were amazing! Rolling, twisting, some moving right, some moving left. The colors were incredible shades of grey and I walked out into the field to get a better look at the sky. 

There I stood, looking up into the sky, mesmerized by the dancing of the clouds. Then it hit. It hit me right dead smack in the face, a drenching downpour of rain.
And all I could do was stand there. Stand there and get soaked to the heart. The heart of heavy burdens. The heart that had been longing and praying for a good cleansing.

As I continued to stand there looking up, I spread my arms out and as I enjoyed every drop of rain that fell upon me I began to cry. But the rain washed the tears away just as fast as they dripped from my eyes.  At that very moment, I remembered, I need not carry the burdens in my heart. God will carry them for me if I give them to him.

Proverbs 3:4-6 says: Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understandings. In all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE shall direct your path.

I prayed for a cleansing and I received it, but it was only when I stopped and looked up mesmerized by the work of the Almighty.  I took the focus off me and was thanking Him as I watched Him create a masterpiece of grey art in the sky.  It was then and only then, when my focus was back on Him, I was drenched.

(written May 3, 2013)


No comments:

Post a Comment