Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Twigs

As many of you know, we recently found a baby kitten. I brought it into our home on August 1, 2013 and we tagged it with the name of “Twigs”. Why Twigs? Well, we thought it was a name that could fit either a male or female and quite frankly that’s exactly where we found it….In a bunch of evergreen twigs.

Caring for a baby kitten isn’t hard but, it takes discipline and patience. Twigs needs to eat every couple hours and he sleeps most the time since he’s so small. You would think when he wakes that he would be ready to eat and would be still and eat. Not! He’s hungry and screaming his head off and wiggling all over the place. I can’t get the syringe in his mouth fast enough, nor can I get his paws out of my way to be able to make feeding an easy process. In order for him to survive he must eat and I must have patience in feeding him.

Today as I sat outside trying to wrestle this 4 ounce kitten, who felt like a 700 pound tiger I realized that I was aggravated. It wasn’t going my way. I had things to do and the feeding process wasn’t going smoothly.

Does God feel this way when we kick and scream and do things “our” way. We need and want to be feed but can’t seem to settle down enough to receive what we need from His Word. God has so many promises for us. Joshua 23:14 tells us “Gods promises never fail”. Psalm 34:17 promises us “He hears the cries of the righteous”.

When we sleep He restores us with restful sleep. When we thirst He will fill us with living water if we ask. SO the next time you feel something missing and you have a hunger, look to God. He is waiting for you to let Him guide and feed you. He is a gracious God and His mercy never fails. Most importantly He wants to see you grow closer to Him for your needs. He has plans for you……BIG PLANS. Jeremiah 29:11


My prayer for you….May your dreams be as large as the dreams God has for you.

Blessings,
Bo

8/14/2013
NOTE.................................TWIGS is a SHE! LOL






No comments:

Post a Comment