Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A HEART'S CRY



 
I sat in the floor intensely listening. My heart longed to wrap my arms around her, hang on tight, and say, “It’s going to be okay.”
There’s a feeling of protection Mothers get; to surround their child with their arms and pray the suffering would all go away and the child would find comfort. But, unfortunately, it’s just not that easy. And this is not my child.


Her eyes tell the journey of a path that many will never see. A path I can’t even begin to imagine. She is strong yet she does not realize it. To hear the story of the things she has endured, amazes me. So young…so wise. She has wisdom of things she should have never experienced. I can’t control my tears, even now, after praying and feeling led to journal about her.


Her Mother sits across the room from me trying to contain her emotions. I’m certain if she lets loose of her tears everyone in the room will as well. But there will be no pity for this child, only sorrow. And as one tear flows, several follow. Not all by the same person. Tears because some can relate, some can’t imagine.

Forgive me for calling her a child. She is not a child. She is a beautiful young woman. But in the moment of her telling her story she is a mere child in my eyes. And, she is a child in the eyes of God. We all are.

Courageous…Strong...Loving…Learning…Growing…Determined… Dedicated…Honest…Believer…Kind~Hearted…Driven…Passionate…Special…Survivor……. 
All words that describe this beautiful, young woman who sat in front of me sharing things I couldn’t believe I was hearing. Traits that I’m sure she has no clue others see in her.

FAITH is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 
Hebrews 11:1

Though she has battled trials and tribulations, her past has not defined her. Without a doubt, she is sure of what she hopes for and she is certain of a God that she can not see. But, deep within her soul there is a tiny, tiny seed. A very powerful seed.  One she shall cling to with all her might. A seed of FAITH. Though no one else can see it....her Almighty Father does. And in that moment, that’s when He hears and answers….
A Heart’s Cry.

Blessings,
Bo

01/21/2014

2 comments: