Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Beauty of A Bridge



            I love old bridges!        
   
If they could talk, I wonder what kind of stories they could or would tell. How much fishing has been done off the side of this bridge? How many people have walked its length? How many people have stood on it and had a long passionate kiss?

I encountered this bridge in August 2013. Its beauty mesmerized me and I was able to capture it on my camera. One lane. High rails. Complete protection during the crossing over the water that flowed beneath. And how could I forget the smell of the trees surrounding it? That calming aroma of wilderness that makes you inhale ever so slowly. If you have ever come upon an old bridge like this I know you know exactly what I’m describing.

This picture is extremely comforting to me. It reminds me that no matter how narrow the road to my travels may be; God is sturdy. He is the strength and the protection that guides me along my path.

It’s encouraging to know I can reach what awaits me at the other end of that bridge. My hopes and dreams are protected by a foundation that stands firm. A foundation that is filled with stories and promises that will deliver me at the end of my journey to a miraculous place.

God is my foundation of strength and protection.
The Bible is filled with the stories and promises.
Heaven is the miraculous place in which I will arrive at the end of my journey.

How blessed I was at the sight and beauty of this particular bridge. I pray you also find comfort in the picture captured through my lens.

Blessings,
Bo

01/16/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment