Tuesday, January 28, 2014

CRUISING DOWN THE CREEK

Recently, I went with a friend to the Charlestown State Park in search of a fishing hole. We’d had a ton of storms so the river was high and we thought we could find a good place to fish.

Driving around we came across a bridge and saw a pond. So we got out to investigate.  It wasn’t a big pond. But, one of decent size.  There were a few small, what I'd call, “waterfalls.”  The sound was hypnotizing, even though small and emptying into a creek.

Then, in the weeds something moved.  I watched quietly wondering what it could be. Then it flopped into the pond and went hiney first down the overflowing waterfall into the creek.
It was a Beaver!  In that very moment I had been blessed.  I had never seen a beaver before, only in pictures in books.

SPLASH! Into the creek it went. Relaxed as could be, it floated on its belly in the see through water. Another, SPLASH!  Waiting….waiting….there it was!  Another beaver had entered the creek.  I was sure they were going to play.  But they didn’t.   

This beaver was different. It didn’t swim to catch up with the first beaver. It swam under the water the entire time a few feet behind the first beaver. 

As they were “Chillaxing” (our young generation might call it)…this scene, this moment got my mind thinking......



When we choose too, we take off and jump in to the pond without much thought and very little worry.  We slide down a waterfall, willing to glide down a stream of water with no destination and no insight of what lies ahead.  That’s faith.  In Hebrews 11:1 it says, “Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.”

The creek represents, our life.  The first beaver, us. The second beaver, God.  You see, the second beaver never came up for a breath.  It never sped up nor slowed.  Had it not made the splash I wouldn’t have even known it was there.

In life don’t we sometimes go through it not really paying attention and God has to do something to get our focus back where it should be?  God has miraculous plans for us, as we are told in Jeremiah 29:11…”For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”


The Almighty One is always there. Cruising down the creek with us.  He is very present and we will find Him if we seek Him. Matthew 7:7…”Ask and it shall be given, seek and you shall find, knock and it will be opened.”

Blessings,
Bo
written 7/27/2013

2 comments:

  1. I love being able to get another Godly woman's perspective! Its so true that sometimes I am not focused enough on listening and paying attention to what God wants. And He does have to sort of snap me back to reality. Love you Bo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg,
    I am honored you are reading my blog. You have grown into an amazing woman! I can't wait to see how your blog transpires and what God is going to do through you. When times seem full of trials always reflect back on your testimony. Because without the TEST there would be no testimony. <3

    ReplyDelete