Thursday, January 9, 2014

LIFE CHANGING CHALLENGES


It’s the beginning of a new year. Everyone’s making resolutions on what they are going to do better. Eat healthier, go the gym, read more, drink less and so on. I hate resolutions because I always fail. Always! I can’t remember one thing from any year that I said I was going to start out doing and I completed or succeeded all the way to the end of that year. HA!

I was talking with Greg, my trainer. He said that at the beginning of a new year gym memberships more than quadruple!! But, by mid February more than a 1/3 of the new members quit. Some pay month to month, but many pay for an entire year upfront. That’s a lot of $$$$$! Cha-ching.
                                                   That’s just crazy to me. Completely and totally crazy!

All resolutions are challenges. But some can be…. life changing!

I think where I failed in the years past was lack of faith.
I didn’t truly believe I could achieve it in the beginning. And with that, I knew deep down it wasn’t going to happen.
Isn’t it something how we sell ourselves short right off the bat?
But let someone else say it about us and… we get furious!!

I have a lot of things swirling around up in my pretty little head. Things that I want to do. I won’t call the resolutions but life changing challenges. The more I think about what challenges I want to conquer I realize what I want to change the most is my relationships. I want to be a better mother, a better sister, a better daughter, a better friend… I want to love more, smile more, give more…believe more!

And, I know at the core of my being what it will take to make this life change. I have to grow my relationship with God. I need to put every ounce of energy into seeking Him.

…Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it…I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.” -Matthew 11:28-30 (MSG)

I need to be an individual F.R.O.G.      (Fully Relying On God)

Trust in God with all your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do; everywhere you go. He will be the One to keep you on track. Proverbs 3:5-6 (MSG)

Chaos! That’s what happens when I try to figure everything out on my own. Total and complete chaos. I don’t know about you but, I could sure use less of that!!

So, as I begin this life changing challenge of growing my relationship with God I not only invite you to join me but, I give you permission to ask me how I’m doing. Hopefully you won’t need to ask. Hopefully you’ll be able to see that I am a better mother, a better sister, a better daughter, and better friend.
I can only pray that you can see and experience that I love more, smile more, give more …and completely believe…
with God….all things are possible!!!  Matt. 19:26 (NLT)


Happy New Year!

Blessings,
Bo
1/9/2014



No comments:

Post a Comment