Tuesday, January 28, 2014

SECRET INGREDIENT


Everyone who knows me… knows… I don’t like to cook!!
There is no secret about it. There is nothing about it I enjoy. Not getting the ingredients together; not getting the dishes/pots/pans ready; not the clean up, and sometimes quite honestly not even being brave enough to taste what I cooked.

I have friends who LOVE to cook. They are always trying some new recipe. One friend makes the best chocolate cake I’ve ever tasted. It’s mouth watering just thinking about it. And chocolate cake is my
least favorite of all cakes because it’s always dry. Not hers!!
Her secret ingredient:
m-a-y-o-n-n-a-i-s-e.

That’s right. Mayonnaise.

It took her a long time to get me to try her cake, years in fact, and had she ever told be before I tried it that there was mayonnaise in it, I promise you I wouldn’t have ever put a piece in my mouth. Now? If she says she’s making chocolate cake…I’m there! 
                                                        It is the moistest chocolate cake I have ever tried.

Is that just crazy? She tweeked her chocolate cake with a secret ingredient and that cake is a perfect masterpiece. Simply divine!!

I looked up the definition of the word divine.
di-vine  à  relating to or coming directly from God.

That’s us!!! Scripture tells us we are a masterpiece of the Almighty God. We were created in His imagine.

So God created mankind in His own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female.
(Genesis 1:27)

How great is that? We are a masterpiece!!

For we are Gods masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10)


A MASTERPIECE! You are nothing less of that!
You are not worthless.
You are not ugly.
You are not fat.
You are not a loser.
You are not a failure.
You are not unworthy.

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life with knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness.
(2 Peter 1:3)

In fact…………………YOU are simply a DIVINE MASTERPIECE!!!
And your secret ingredient is GOD!

Blessings,
Bo

01/28/2014

1 comment:

  1. We have something else in common, I do not like chocolate cake because of it's dryness. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete